Each center in the Webster Ready Start community uses a Tier 1 curriculum for their learning centers. The curriculum is implemented from early learning ages to 5 years. To see more about the curriculum used see the sections below.
Tier I curriculum offers guidance and tools for assessing children’s growth and learning. Teachers can use this assessment information to add valuable evidence to children’s GOLD® portfolios, monitor progress and finalize checkpoints.
Each of the Tier I curriculum assessments are:
– Consistent with the Louisiana Birth to Five Early Learning and Development Standards and with the GOLD® Objectives for Development and Learning (ODLs)
– Conducted through a variety of methods such as anecdotal observations/notes, checklists, photographs, work samples, benchmark assessments, rubrics, etc.
– Embedded throughout activities and routines within the daily schedule (e.g. whole group, small group, center times, outdoor times, transitions, etc.)
Students are assessed using GOLD standards. Teaching Strategies GOLD is an authentic, ongoing observational assessment for children from birth through kindergarten. Teaching Strategies GOLD is based on 38 objectives for development and learning that include predictors of school success and are based on school readiness standards. The assessments are an authentic part of instruction, not a disruption. To view the GOLD standards click the button below.
The Frogstreet program is used in our Early Learning programs. This program prides itself on being designed around the latest scientific early brain development research. The Frog Street curriculum is designed to build strong foundations for little ones ages 0 – Pre-K. This program includes easy-to-use activities that include:
- Information to assist caregivers to nurture the little ones in their care
- Optimize key windows of opportunity for growth and development
- Organized around developmental learning domains
- Feature Dr. Becky Bailey’s Conscious Discipline® strategies to enhance social and emotional development
DeSoto Head Start uses the Creative Curriculum by Teaching Strategies. Creative Curriculum offers individualize instruction by understanding how children’s abilities progress and supporting them with unique color-coded progressions that show the typical development of skills from birth through third grade. Effectively scaffold learning experiences to respond to each child’s current strengths and needs with embedded guidance and strategies located on curricular resources.